5 Tips to Keep Your Cat Vet Visit Stress-Free
For some cat owners (and vets!), a visit to the veterinary hospital should earn them hazard pay…but it doesn’t alway
s have to be such an ordeal. Here are some simple tips that can make any feline’s visit more enjoyable:
1. Make your cat travel-savvy. Get your cat used to traveling by taking them with you on journeys in the car. Whether you are running errands or taking a road trip, starting at a young age will produce the best results.
2. Make the carrier your cat’s home away from home. Make it a comfortable resting, feeding or play location. Keep the transport carrier out and accessible in the home, not just when you’re taking your cat somewhere.
3. Let them play “hide-n-go-seek.” Let your cat have a hiding place in the carrier by placing a towel or blanket from your home inside the carrier, and drape another one over part of the carrier. Using a familiar blanket or towel from home can also provide your cat some comfort while at our hospital.
4. Mix it up. Would you be happy getting in the car if every car trip meant a trip to get shots at the doctor’s office? Mix in some fun trips, like a social visit to our hospital or the pet store just to get a treat or two.
5. Travel light. If you don’t feed your cat prior to travel, you’ll make it less likely to get motion sickness. Plus, if they’re a little bit hungry, your cat might be more interested in the treats your vet has to offer, and it could make the visit more pleasant for your cat.
Give us a call for additional advice and tips, hopefully this article helps make your next cat visit a breeze! We look forward to seeing all your furry friends soon!